Got back from a trip, loaded pictures and hit the start slide show button, nothing happened, can't stop, can't do anything. Feeling tired and short of patient, I pushed the power button thinking I'll restart the computer. It didn't reboot and a message telling me to backup my data, my hard drive is in imminant danger or something. I selected restart normally, it didn't work, tried restart using last known settings, it took about 6 hours and went back to the same screen, I later found out that would've damaged my hard drive a lot more. I tried putting in a copy of XP professional to try to cause it to perform checkdisk, it says no TLDR, and went back to the same message about hard drive problem. I tried the recovery disk expecting to find advance option to either install master boot or perform non-destructive system recovery per manuel, found out that it didn't give me the choice, paniced when I saw partitioning hard drive, I ejected the recovery disk and here I am.
Orignal From: any chance to recover date after recovery disc started formatting hard drive but stopped?
Post a Comment