I have subscription to g-data internet security and ashampoo anti-malware even though my broadband provides mcafee internet security for free. I always thought mcafee is inferior and not worth using. However, 3 nasty viruses struck my computer and those infections caused the "windows explorer" to stop responding. I kept seeing the message on vista saying, "windows explorer not responding". This was so frustrating that it froze everything and played havoc with the computer. I ran entire system scan by ashampoo antimalware and no virus was found. I then scanned through g-data internet security (after uninstalling ashampoo) and again no infection found. Then i uninstalled g-data and scanned the computer through 30 day free trial of avira premium. Still no infection found. I was almost about to reformat the entire hard drive and was prepared for the massive data loss. But then i thought why not give mcafee a try since its free by ISP. Surprisingly mcafee detected 3 malicious programs. One of them was a toolbar i installed at internet explorer and the other was a file generated by "firewall leak test" at some rogue website which claimed to test firewall strength. That rogue website installed malware, in the name of firewall leak test. After mcafee quarantined those 3 infections, windows explorer not responding message stopped and computer got back to normal. However, reviews show that mcafee is worse than g-data, avira, ashampoo, etc etc


Orignal From: mcafee saved me from doing hard drive recovery but why reviews show mcaf is worse than avira, g-data, etc etc?

0 评论