If you've been watching GeekBrief.TV for a while, you're familiar with my love of Data Robotics, the company that made Drobo (the first storage robot). Their newest edition is the Drobo Pro. Data Robotics makes data redundancy easy. Shortly after I fired up my first Drobo, I asked them for a Pro version (m.podshow.com with double the drive bays. Two days ago my wish to have a Drobo Pro came true. I had 13 external and internal drives with GeekBrief.TV related files, and it took about 40 hours to get everything transferred due mainly to three drives that only had USB ports. Here's a look at the read/write speeds we got with Drobo Pro. USB Read: 15.8 MB/second Write: 13.8 MB/second Firewire 800 Read: 53.4 MB/second Write: 43 MB/second iSCSI Read: 73.6 MB/second Write: 78.7 MB/second We used a free application called AJA System Test to get these results. You can download here. For photographers, video professionals, small businesses, or anyone with a large amount of files that need to be in one location, the Drobo Pro is a great solution. It will certainly help us at the GBTV Studios be more productive and more efficient. The cool thing that's already happened is that I've found photos from the early days that I thought were lost forever. In the episode I mentioned Taylor Mark. It's a company owned by a friend of ours that specializes in Mac repairs and hard drive recovery. I'll be taking my failed WD MyBook drive to Mark next week to see if he can recover the missing GBTV ...
Orignal From: GBTV #593 (HD) | Drobo Pro
Post a Comment